My kitchen doesn’t need anything super fancy. But I do have a few essentials that make cooking easier and more delicious.
- A large stock pot is a must for making soups. Soups are great because they can be frozen, then can be easily prepared during the week when time is precious.
- Heavy sauce pans or dutch ovens are what I use for roasts and braises.
- I love a cast iron skillet for high temperature searing, delicious stove top roasting—and it will last you a lifetime.
- For pasta lovers like me, a 14″ diameter skillet is a must. You can toss the pasta with the sauce just before serving. It’s also a perfect pan for quick-cooking meats and skillet-braised vegetables, Italian style.
- Another essential is a great glass of Bastianich wine.